Rural Access is a program that supports communities to increase the opportunities for people with a disability to participate in community life.
Rural Access works together with local governments, organisations, businesses and the broader community to achieve this.
We are here to support;
People with disabilities and their families
Local Organisations (Health services, Disability services, Sporting clubs etc)
Schools and Education facilities
Rural Access will:
- Help the community to work together to share information, identify and develop solutions to issues.
- Provide community education to raise awareness and understanding about the needs of people with a disability.
- Assist local governments and organisations to develop policies that promote community inclusion.
- Develop and apply projects that address local community issues and promote community inclusion.
- Improve access to information about services and community activities.
- Ensure that the needs of people with a disability are considered in any changes to current services of the planning of future services.
- Support service providers to assist people with a disability to live the lifestyle they choose.
Need to know more?
Get in touch with us on-
Or through National Relay Service (for people with communication impairment)
13 36 77
How do I make an appointment with Grampians Community Health?
Please contact the Intake Worker on 03 5358 7400 to receive a referral and make an appointment.
Stawell (Main Campus)
8-22 Patrick St,
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
(03) 5358 7400