What does respite community offer?
It provides a short-term change for a person with a mental illness and a break for their carers.
It involves social, recreational and adventure activities that are driven by your preferences; including a 2 day respite holiday.
Some of the activities on offer are: BBQ’s, Bushwalking, Go Karting, Ten Pin Bowling, rock Climbing/Abseiling, Horse Riding, Laser Tag, Ballarat Opp. Shopping, Visiting music and art, Movies, and many more!
ALL YOU NEED IS TO DRESS FOR THE ACTIVITY, BRING ANY CONCESSION CARDS AND A GOLD COIN DONATION
- To provide short-term change for a person with a mental illness and provide respite for their carer.
- Provide psychosocial, recreational and adventure activities that this cohort find difficult due to financial/geographical/mental/physical vulnerabilities.
- Reduce carer burden and stress.
- Build social skills, resilience, self-esteem and confidence.
- Relapse prevention through psychosocial interventions and early warning sign identification.
- Evaluate to provide information for quality improvement and any benefits received.
How do I make an appointment with Grampians Community Health?
Please contact the Intake Worker on 03 5358 7400 to receive a referral and make an appointment.
Stawell (Main Campus)
8-22 Patrick St,
Monday - Friday
9am - 5pm
(03) 5358 7400