Individual Support Worker and NDIS – application form
We are seeking staff who are reliable, have a caring and compassionate personality, are flexible and willing to work with a wide range of people. You will need to have the availability and willingness to commit to on-call and short shifts.
The Individual Support Worker and NDIS Support successful candidates will take pride in delivering a seamless, high quality service to their clients with a consumer directed care approach, positive, can-do approach, and a friendly, caring attitude. Grampians Community Health staff deliver exceptional levels of care and support to elderly, frail clients who wish to remain living independently in the community.
Grampians Community Health is a registered NDIS provider, supporting participants in many areas of their lives such as:
- Access in the Community,
- Social and Recreational Activities and,
- Daily Living Skills.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have:
- Qualifications in Certificate 3 Aged Care, Certificate 4 in Disability /HACC / Individual Support
- Current First Aid Certificate and CPR
- Current Victorian Drivers licence
- Police check, dated within last 3 months
- At least six months experience working in Aged Care, Disability, Home and Community Care is preferred
- Social Welfare, Community Services and Mental Health Certificate 4 qualifications are advantageous
Key Duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Connecting and linking people into the community with local activities and recreational interests
- Supporting people with daily living skills such as shopping, cooking, travel, training
- Performing tasks in relation to domestic assistance (e.g. mopping, vacuuming, gardening, feeding pets)
- Providing meal assistance and meal preparation
- Medication prompting assistance and monitoring
- Assisting with showering, dressing and personal care related tasks with the use of manual handling aids if appropriate
- Basic tasks that may include booking appointments, assisting with shopping, paying bills, liaising with service coordinator
- Accompany to social group and other activities if required